We at Steyning C of E Primary are committed to helping children stay safe on line. Whilst it is vital that our children gain an understanding of the internet, we strongly believe that they must be taught to use it with caution.
Our Message to Children
Whenever you are using the internet, you must be aware of the importance of keeping yourself safe. If you are worried about cyberbullying or anything else on the internet it is important that you tell a grown up immediately. You can also report internet abuse by using this website.
Hints and Tips for Parents
- Technology continues to change at an alarming rate. Try and keep up-to-date with developments so that you know the risks your children may face.
- Good online safety applies to all devices including computers, tablets, online gaming, smartphones and e-readers.
- Set up internet security so that your children can not access websites with inappropriate or adult content.
- Cyberbullying should be treated the same way as other forms of bullying. Always inform the school if you have any concerns.
- Be aware that ‘sexting’ increasingly involves younger children, some as young as 10.
- Always encourage your child to talk to you about anything they feel uncomfortable about with regard to the internet.
- Familiarise yourself with our computing policies.
For further useful tips on keeping your child safe online please see the following guides: