This is what we stand for:
1. Most importantly we are trying to support each child in their total development. This includes academic, physical, artistic, social, emotional and spiritual.
2. Ensuring that children feel safe.
3. Education should be fun.
4. We support children to achieve as highly as they can through developing their independent learning skills.
5. We endeavour to have the village school atmosphere in this large urban primary school. This means we encourage all children to get on well with each other regardless of their age.
6. Children learn through different learning styles so we tailor our teaching to meet these learning needs. We undertake this through the Christian ethos.
We are keen that the children develop independent learning skills. We identify these as:
Stickability – Keep going when the going is difficult.
Team Work – Work with others.
Adventurousness – Prepare to take a calculated risk.
Responsibility – Take responsibility for his/her learning.
Resourcefulness – Use all the abilities, skills and information that the child has.
Thinking – This includes reflective thinking.
Together that spells STARRT which reflects our aim to give every child a great “start” to his/her learning.